Part of the Company’s Broader Investment Roadmap, Which Dramatically Increases Hyperscale Capacity both in Hillsboro and Across the United States
DENVER–(BUSINESS WIRE)–STACK INFRASTRUCTURE (“STACK” or the “Company”), the digital infrastructure partner to the world’s most innovative companies, today broke ground on the construction of its new POR03 campus in Hillsboro, Oregon, which will bring flexible and scalable solutions to a growing Portland data center market.
The new 28-acre campus, located at 4735 NE Starr Blvd in Hillsboro, will include an initial 24MW building ready Q3 of 2021 and immediately adjacent growth potential, offering a total campus capacity of 84MW to handle the largest workloads and accommodate its clients’ future expansion plans. The facility will be less than a quarter-mile from a new 34.5kV substation, with power supplied by Portland General Electric, and is located on the Wave Business Hillsboro Data Center Ring, which offers exceptional high-count fiber connectivity and transpacific subsea cable access. In addition, Oregon has no sales tax and offers property tax abatements through its Enterprise Zone Program for long-term tax savings on equipment costs and data center operations.
STACK has a long history in Hillsboro. It currently operates two other facilities in the region with a total of 28.8MW that includes 3MW of immediately available capacity, along with a neighboring build-to-suit campus with 12MW of potential capacity. At full build-out, STACK’s capacity in Hillsboro will total over 125MW.
“Hillsboro continues to be an enduring, popular destination for clients, with its access to plentiful power, low-cost carbon-free supply options like wind, solar and hydro, and excellent connectivity to the major West Coast availability zones and international markets,” said Matt VanderZanden, Chief Strategy Officer of STACK. “Cloud and content providers and enterprises want to be there, and therefore, we want to be there. It’s our mission to support these companies with flexibility and scale as they innovate and grow.”
This new campus expansion in Oregon comes on the heels of the Company’s latest growth financing raise. Buoyed by strong financial backing and client demand, STACK is enabling client growth in key regions throughout the United States, including:
- A 100% pre-leased 32MW multi-story data center on its campus in San Jose, California, currently under construction.
- A 125-acre hyperscale data center campus with 250MW of potential critical capacity in Prince William County, Virginia in partnership with the Peterson Companies.
- A 24MW, multi-story data center adjacent to its existing facility in Chicago, which will be ready for service in the second half of 2020.
- An 80+MW expansion of its Portland data center campus, which is currently under development.
- An 80-acre hyperscale campus in Phoenix, Arizona with access to over 150MW of critical capacity.
- A 400-acre hyperscale data center campus with 400MW potential critical capacity in AllianceTexas, a master-planned development in Fort Worth, Texas, in partnership with Hillwood.
- STACK’s New Albany campus includes development land that has the potential to add an additional 42MW of capacity.
- STACK’s Atlanta campuses with potential for up to 20MW of growth.
For more information on the expansion in Hillsboro, visit https://www.stackinfra.com/markets/portland/.
ABOUT STACK INFRASTRUCTURE
STACK provides digital infrastructure to scale the world’s most innovative companies. With a client-first approach, the Company delivers a comprehensive suite of wholesale build-to-suit, colocation, and powered shell solutions in eight markets today: Atlanta, Georgia; Chicago, Illinois; Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas; New Albany, Ohio; Northern Virginia; Portland, Oregon; Phoenix, Arizona; and Silicon Valley, California. Its offerings include hyperscale campuses and build-to-suit data centers (“HYPER STACK™”), immediately available wholesale colocation and private data suites (“READY STACK™”), and powered shell options (“POWER STACK™”).
With unparalleled existing and flexible expansion capacity in the leading availability zones, STACK offers the scale and geographic reach that rapidly growing hyperscale and enterprise companies need. The world runs on data. And data runs on STACK.
For more information, visit www.stackinfra.com.
iMiller Public Relations